Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

Page 3 of 16

Really?

That doesn't compute. What little constitutional change is needed doesn't require TB

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
[16 lines snipped]

Absolutely. I still remember doing my A level revision by Tilley lamp. Rotting rubbish in the streets. Unburied dead. Having to be rescued by the IMF, like some Third World banana republic. Oh, no, hang on. That was the last Labour Government.

Of course not. IMM's mad.

"Best"? Define "best"?

What like throwing out all the Tory yes-men in the Lords and replacing them with Labour yes-men. That's a *huge* advance. Not.

And won't happen anyway. Nothing that's likely to threaten the position of the incumbent will happen.

*grin*

Yes, Andy, in the real world there was.

Andy, the UK requires massive constitutional change, to rid ourselves of a tier of parasites.

And snakes as well.

That's curious. I'm in the real world and did not see substantive evidence of that at that time. However, I was approached by somebody last week trying to sell the Big Issue and this wasn't under the arches at Waterloo station.

Such as cabinet ministers.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

WE could all have a dictatorship if you want and live in bliss.

it....... .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You are annoyed because Dracula is not in charge. Andy, you will have to get to now how the Uk is run and who the greatest benefactors are. And it isn't you and me. The biggest takers name begins with Qu.

That's for sure.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I'm all for modernisation, but Labour is breaking the kinds of traditions that have served Britain so well for centuries. Lord Woolf today warned against the Draconian proposals to change the justice system, and hardly a day goes by when Blunkett doesn't try out his latest "Heydrich" manoeuvre. We already have the largest prison population in Europe, yet the Govt seems desperate to lock ever more people away, while preventing Maxine Carr from utilising HDC, a thoroughly political decision merely to appease the right-wing gutter press.
Basically, this Labour government is not the Labour of old, neither is it Tory or liberal, but some weird hybrid, led by Tony Blair in a very dogmatic, but wrong, fashion. I dread to think what Blair actually has in his mind as the ideal blueprint for Britain over the next ten, twenty years, but I'll bet not many citizens will like it much.
MM
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:12:42 +0000, Mike Mitchell

I don't think that it would matter to him as long as it led to his career aim of being life president of the United States of Europe.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

And the others are 0.00000001% behind.

Ask yourself, why do we need "anti-social" laws? (I assume you mean legislation to confront anti-social behaviour.) What is so wrong particularly with *British* society that so many citizens, not just the young, appear to have absolutely no sense of right and wrong at all? How many kids dread their parents being called to the school to talk to the teacher, when they know that the teacher could easily face a head-butting from a crazed father? British society is incredibly confrontational.
MM

That is it, and even more.

We are now seeing the results of "Thatcher's children". She said there is no such thing as society and promoted in a big way, me, me, me. Millions of kids were brought up in that era being indoctrinated with selfishness and non sense of community, and it now shows.
Britain is filthy. Travel around western Europe,: France: Germany, Holland, etc. Britain is strewn with litter and fly tipping. Travellers persecute rural areas (and urban too) and when eventually are moved on leave the place strewn with filth that cost many 1000s to clear up.

Blame Thatcher. New Lab is left with the mess and is putting that right by legislation and civil lessons at school. Great moves by New Lab. Although root cause analysis says it is even deeper and constitutional change can only stop it at source. Legislation is welcome, but only treating the symptoms not the cause. Many blame the latchkey kids as homes require two parents to work to support the family. Only 7% of homes have the mother at home all day. Why? Because we pay far too much in mortgages. Why? Because we have an artificial land shortage ramping up land, and hence house prices (2/3 of the value of the average house is the value of the land). Get the land sorted out, get the house prices down to affordable levels, and then only the Dad need go out to work to support the family, then more stable children and families. All quite simple.

Yes of course that's it!, in fact blame her long after she's dead!...

Well....IMM...for president!....

--
Tony Sayer

She is not dead.

Well said.

Yep! Works for me! But the Labour Government will do none of the above, only promise to.
MM

It is doing the legislation and civil lesson bit. It is the land that needs to be addressed pronto.
[41 lines snipped]

You forgot about the appointment of Czars, focus groups, outreach consultants, communications directors ...
On 13 Feb 2004 13:11:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

...all part of the smoke and mirrors effects that we have come to know and not love from oh so lovable Tony and his fellow magicians.
MM