Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

Page 16 of 16
writes

--
Andrew

Because he's bonkers and his shareholders spineless?

I disagree. Should be " especially if they have been on management courses!"
Regards Capitol

What is the justification for this? Do shareholders plant wheat or rice? Do shareholders weld or build? No, they prefer to exploit the workers, and then pay them a pittance, and then have the gall to grumble when the workers revolt.
MM

So what?

So what?

It's not up to you to decide. Nor politicians.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

So that's not profit, then, is it? Make up your mind.

Ah, so you know *so* much better than they do how to run their lives? Isn't that a tad, er, patronising? Are you a Labour politician?

So, you'd rather the money was in Gordon Brown's swag bag than your pension?

Utter garbage.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:28:59 -0000, "Owain"

Hmm.. Inheritance tax is iniquitous enough as it is without removing exemptions. The notion of 80% tax on anything is not likely to be popularly received.

Interesting idea, but this leaves me wondering how do we get there from here? This would have to be tapered in some way, and how would the issue of loss of money be handled?

perception that it is high risk and that property is "safe" in the long term. Not entirely true, but it is what most people believe. That in itself influences market behaviour,.
I am not sure what benefit there is in reducing the gap in property values other than to promote mobility, but there are other ways to do that.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl