Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

If you never had a car your kids would have got jobs locally, like they did

40 years ago.

Reply to
IMM

< snip drivel >
Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

It was Thatcher who introduced two tiers of management into the NHS.

Reply to
IMM

... and?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

A system of public healthcare and a private one where users of it are not penalised for doing so. As it is, huge sums are wasted on admin in the public sector and people wishing to buy their own healthcare, thus unburdening the state system are penalised for doing so, several times over.

As you say, nobody looks at the big picture

The right thing to do would be to spend some of the money saved in retraining and reskilling those affected by such outsourcing. There is nothing new in the notion of jobs in certain sectors moving to lower cost production areas. Ultimately, attempting to control that by artificial means and props doesn't work. It would be far better to accept that that is the way that the market is going and dealing with it positively.

They are nobody's business apart from the parties involved.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

No it isn't. It is the first objective of any business.

That is important as well but it is not the first objective - it can't be. You need to have fulfilled all or most of the points that you mention, but they are not an end in and of themselves.

This is a circular argument of course

Yes, dear.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Natwest already is :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is local. We are talking about 7km door to door and a worthless bus service.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nothing is solve at all. It is just shuffling the same furniture around the same room. duh!

Reply to
IMM

< snip drivel >

A recent TV programme. highlighted the health service on the Spanish Costa's. They do operations, amputate needlessly, etc, because they MAKE MORE MONEY, doing that. Putting health into the market place is stupidity. The standards are always lowered.

It does. You have to slowly introduce outsourcing, so skills and re-trained.

They are! Through the drugs I buy, prescribed by the NHS, I pay fro SKB parachutes.

Reply to
IMM

No it is not. It just means I was right and you were wrong.

By gad ! he is learning.

Reply to
IMM

That would assume that the number of pieces of furniture is fixed, which it is not.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

So it must be right.

No it isn't. It's called choice.

Not in my personal experience.

That begins by accepting that outsourcing is going to happen rather than wasting time trying to protect untenable situations.

So complain to the NHS. They don't have to buy drugs from SKB.

Equally you don't have to have drugs prescribed by the NHS in the first place.

SKB is a commercial enterprise, not a charity. If it wishes to handle its executive remuneration in a particular way that is up to it and its shareholders. In the context of its overall balance sheet, this is a tiny amount anyway. its customers are at liberty to buy elsewhere if they don't like it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah. You were wrong and I was right :-)

I already did.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is. There are only so many midwives. You don't train them overnight. Your ridiculous notion of just going private and then all will be solved is very silly. All it will mean is that rich people benefit over the poor. The midwives will be tempted over to the private sector at the expensive of the real sector.

Reply to
IMM

It was right.

< snip drivel >
Reply to
IMM

They can be recruited from overseas just as they are to an extent now.

The question is why don't people here want to train for this profession? Working conditions perhaps?

It simply means freedom of choice.

... and why would they be tempted? Better pay and conditions? WHy should they be restricted to where they can work?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Something I wouldn't like to do.

You just can't get a point can you. All this private Tory balls is still swishing around you noggin.

Reply to
IMM

I always amuses me when semi-troll lefties like yourself can provide no back argument.

Reply to
Sausage King