Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

Page 11 of 16

Hmmm..... CDG reminds me of an early James Bond film, how living in the future was meant to be in the 60s.
I always nearly fall over on those bouncy rubber sloping travelators in the transparent tubes.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

rude
outlets
is
I never. Lose weight.
IMM wrote:

That's because you've only ever seen them on TV - you just *imagine* you've been to these places/done these things. Remember, we talked about this before. Just because you can imagine going somewhere or doing something, it doesn't mean you actually have.
Like all the plumbing? Reading the leaflets that Marley put out is *not* the same as actually doing some plumbing.
--
Grunff

wrote in message

I used them a hell of a lot, although with the London-Paris run yoiu did not use them too much.
< snip total drivel >

That's not the issue. The rollers underneath are not round.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

sit,
America
UK
terrible
Normal people keep their balance, its all that top weight you have.

You try standing on a bouncy moving belt sloping upwards at probably at least 30 degrees. I saw a couple of quite slight teenagers come to grief on one this week and somebody needed to hit the emergency stop causing two other people to fall. What would happen in the case of a fire, I have no idea.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Do they still let the clochards sleep in them at night in the winter? That always added to the olfactory dimension of a late night Metro journey.
On 13 Feb 2004 23:32:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

They've tried to discourage sleeping on the benches by replacing them in a lot of places with individual plastic seats. However, you wouldn't want to sit on one because there is usually food and mysterious substances squashed on them.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I did a changeover at O'Hare about 10 years ago, and similarly had a 4 hour enforced stopover.
Nice airport, but my recollection is the same as yours. Only plastic seats to rest your weary bum, and absolutely nowhere where you could comfortably crash out.
PoP
Julian Fowler wrote in message ... . I have wondered in the past how first-time visitors to the UK

I greatly agree, I think ( lives dangerously) IMM has a few valid points here. However, years of his beloved Tony have done nothing that I can see, apart from allowing it to become worse. I travel a fair amount in the US, and in the majority of towns that I pass through, the levels of general filth are much lower than in the UK. Their building routine maintenance can be much worse however, but they tear them down regularly.
Regards Capitol

Tone has made matters better, even Andy said that,. He has a mountain to climb after the mess left by the Wicked Witch.

Oh, the desperation of the Maggie-haters. It would be amusing if it weren't so pathetic.

He should ask her to clear up the kitchen after dinner then.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Over a decade of Thatcherism and its subsequent continuation by other means.

Wishful thinking? Remember the Labour governments of the 70's?
When the politicians of both governing parties get caught out in telling lies don't resign and refuse to legislate in the best interests of the people they are supposed to represent, then society recognises that there is no right or wrong. We jail a man for killing a burglar on his property, then reduce the very short sentence of an asylum seeker, driving without insurance or license, who has killed someone. We imprison more motorists than burglars, use speed cameras, traffic wardens as tax gatherers and expect the people to be law abiding. Justice,you must be joking! We have now introduced the courts into IR legislation, inflicted so many conditions and regulations upon our businesses that many are operating outside the law! The rest are heading offshore as fast as possible.
No wonder the society is not law abiding, only the lawyers can see a good future!
Regards Capitol
wrote in message ...

Fabulous!
writes

Along with Austin Maxis, Morris Marinas, and Austin Allegros presumably.
--
Andrew

You spelt Allaggro incorrectly there
--
geoff

1969
1971
1973
Two of them in Tory government. Did Wilson design them?