Wiki: Sandpaper

New article up:

welcome

NT

Reply to
NT

In message , NT writes

Excellent! Very concise and clear.

Maybe not relevant to Wiki but connected to the pierced sheets for dust extraction....

My 1/2 sheet sander came supplied with a gizmo to create replacement pierced sheets from *shag rolls*. The supplier has since gone out of business but, in view of the financial saving, I wonder if these gadgets are available and worth a mention?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Thanks Tim, will add that somewhere.

NT

Reply to
NT

I have a gadget called a pencil - I poke it through the paper where the holes are ;-) Seems to do the trick.

Reply to
John Rumm

:-)

To think of all the trouble they took to manufacture a folding, multi-piercing punch....

Of course, your pencil does not measure and provide a serrated edge to tear off the correct length, or does it?

Actually it is a bit of a fiddle as, having torn off the correct length and punched the first set of holes, you have to rotate the sheet and punch a second set.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

both added, cheers