white grouting between tiles

I recently had some tiles put in in my bathroom. I had expected the space between them to be white and indeed specified this with the workman. However, after a few weeks the space between them appears to have turned to a rather black colour which is somewhat offputting. Is there anything I can do to get them back to their origional colour? thanks

Reply to
john kennedy

Sounds as though the grout has gone mouldy, so a good proprietary tile cleaning solution should take this off for you. How the mould has built up so badly in such a short time is another guess, but I imagine it's because the room is being left damp after use and needs a vent to create proper air change for the size of room.

Reply to
BigWallop

Yep, to me too.

I used a decent grout with Microban within it. Bathroom grout still white after 12 months ..

P.

Reply to
zymurgy