Re-grouting bathroom tiles

I need to re-grout my bathroom tiles. However, over most of the wall surface, the existing grout is virtually flush with the surface of the tiles. So I can't just simply apply new grout over the top of the old, because there is nothing to key onto.

I've tried chipping away at the old grout with an old screwdriver, but it's rock hard and would take a month of Sundays to remove.

Ideas anyone?

Reply to
ian

Use a stanley knife to cut along the grout lines from both sides, so you rake out the grout leaving a V profile. Quite quick and easy to do.

Reply to
Grunff

Google for: dremel grout removal

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Grout rake....

Mike Pepper

In message , Mike Pepper writes

(But it's a good job nobody is paying me by the hour ...)

Reply to
ian