Which Underlay for Laminates over Underfloor Heating

The guy fitting the kitchen underfloor heating recommended an underlay whic h is specially made to allow the heat through fast and has apparently large holes in. Can't find it anywhere. Loads of underlays that state 'suitable for underfloor heating' etc. but they don't have these holes.

Anyone one know where I can get such 'holy' underlay?

Reply to
simon mitchelmore

why do you need an underlay?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This has holes, though not large ones, and was specifically recommended to me for laminate over UFH.

or

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Dunno, but one place I went had this strange smell of burned plastic, oh its the underfloor heating and the new floor covering they said. Yuck. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The recommended underlay for wooden flooring with Underfloor heating is

3mm closed cell foam underlay, which has little reduction on thermal transfer, but provides a cushioning effect ? and deadens the otherwise slapping of the wood.

I used 3mm underlay ( I have UFH on both floors) if you want details of the one I used let me know.

Reply to
rick

Hi Rick, mine will be UFH on a new concrete floor. Yes, could you please post details? Thanks

Reply to
simon mitchelmore

I used a laminate with underlay attached on the last room I worked on, it says it is suitable for ufh. Made by Forester, sold in Costco. Very nice quality too.

Reply to
MrCheerful