where to get hold of this DeWalt mitre saw in UK?

Does someone know where I might get hold of the following mitre saw in the UK:

DeWalt DW715 (12", compound mitre saw) UPC 028877505756.

Described some places as runnable across 110V and 230V; not sure exactly what they mean by 15A motor. Is this the required input current when used across 110V?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Reply to
hanrahan398

Not sure if the 715 was ever a UK spec machine. The 716 is close, but that can bevel in both directions.

I would rather have a slider, than a chop saw)

Yup, around 1.6kW - about the most you can suck out a normal US electric socket.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi John and thanks for this. I'd be able to do without a slider or double-bevel - the largest dimensions I'll be handling are no more than 75mm x 120mm. The DeWalt 716 looks nice but is outside of what I'd like to pay! :) I need one that can make compound mitre and bevel cuts though.

Any advice, positive or negative, about the following models not bt DeWalt?

- Makita MLS100 (10", compound, chop)

- Evolution RAGE255 (10", compound, slider)

- RAGE3DB (12", compound, slider, double-bevel)?

Also Wickes are offering some under their own label, apparently at good prices, but I'm not sure who really manufactures them or whether they are any good?

Thanks again!

Michael

Reply to
hanrahan398

£119 at Lawson:

used that particular model, but I have a Makita LS1240 compound slider, that is very good - spot on accuracy, and no slop in the mechanism. So given that non sliders tend to be even more rigid, it ought to be ok.

Not tried either so can't comment. I would expect given the positioning in the market, lots of gimmicks, but a slight lack of finesse.

The wickes grey bodied stuff they do under their "pro" categories can actually be made by some quite respectable high end makers. (SDS by Kress, Big router by Freud etc), so you may find one there that is not too bad.

Generally you can be a bit less choosy with hinged mitre saws - even a cheap one can give reasonable results.

Reply to
John Rumm