Where to get gauze?

I'm after some gauze, the sort required to replace the mantle on a patio heater, 4" in height.

Anybody know where I may succeed in my quest?

TIA

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm not sure what sort of material you are talking about the fragile gas light mantle is unrepairable and has to be replaced with an new one. The old lanterns used to have a clothlike quality when fitted and on ignition expanded to the familiar hard shell.

The blocks of white stuff that glow incandescent in gas fires can be repaired to a certain extent with clay -ordinary garden clay will do but white clay would be more likely to give a closer match. Mix it with

50-50 water and pva. You can use it straight away. Patching it with polyfiller may work with pva but if you neglect the pva, leave it to dry out completely and be prepared for failure.
Reply to
Michael Mcneil

From the required use, I am guessing that you want a metal mesh. If so, try Mirlyn Wire in Hove, East Sussex (I don't currently have their number to hand). They will probably have what you want but will need to know material, wire size and mesh size.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .uk.com>"

A hobby/model or craft shop might keep it in a more convenient size ...

Reply to
Mike Faithfull