Where to get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver?

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a Torx T20 TR bit/screwdriver which has the center tamper resistant/security hole?

The cheapest I've seen it online is for just under £6 (of which nearly £4 is p&p) at:

I'ld prefer to get it in a local shop if I can (B & Q Online don't have any entries for "Torx").

Thanks!

Reply to
John Latter

Any car shop will sell a set of tamper resistant bits including t20 torx, the set is about 8 pounds or so, screwfix also sell them, I wouldn't be surprised if b and q have them, but their website is such pants you would not find it online.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In article , John Latter writes

Our local tool shop does them (DJ Evans, Bury St Edmunds), do you a local Aladdin's cave?

Reply to
.

In my experience, you can often snap off the little tamper resistant 'tit' - and then use a standard torx screwdriver.

Reply to
Set Square

Or in combination with just the right size of flat bit, you can often just use it to wedge the screwdriver into two of the corners, and open it that way.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Yesterday, in Maplin(Leicester), I saw a comprehensive mixed set of security bits only for £6 or 7 (I think).

Keith G. Powell

Reply to
Keith G. Powell

Thanks Dave, Keith, Set Square and Ian!

I live in Dover which doesn't have much in the way of hardware stores

- but I'll try the pound shops and also have a bash at breaking the center tips off & trying a flat blade screwdriver.

Reply to
John Latter

I live in Dover What about Machine Mart in Deal???

Dave in Rochester :-)

Reply to
Dave

Thanks Dave - I'll have a look!

Reply to
John Latter

In message , John Latter writes

Have you tried Halfords?

Reply to
raden

That's an idea Raden - thanks!

Reply to
John Latter

inc postage for a set of 32 bits.

HTH

Reply to
mike

Excellent Mike, they'll probably be the ones I get - thanks!

Reply to
John Latter