Where can I find door knobs like this?

We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but no joy.

Here is a photo:

you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off the shelf!

Any thoughts?

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

I'd imagine you will find it hard if not impossible to get a match although if it's hidden screws you are looking for you should get something here like this

you might be looking at replacing all the handles ..How many do you have ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

that?

a search for oval doorknob brings up lots of results.

Reply to
mogga

If we were to replace all the doors in the house: 12 doors (two of which are one-sided handles). For good quality handle sets with hidden screws, that actually quite a bit of money.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

older houses.

I don't know if that detail applied to the ones I've seen.

Much older design, but likely a reproduction.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You may have tried here, but if not they have a huge range of unusual stuff

if you sent them the picky?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A reclamation yard might be worth a poke about.

Reply to
Lino expert

Do you live anywhere near York? I was there the other week and there's a really nice shop near the Minster which I believe would have handles like your picture.

Ash

Reply to
Ash