What's the name of this connector

My new Panasonic TZ10 camera can be connected to a PC to transfer photos and videos using a cable that has a USB connector on one end and a "strange looking" connector on the other... A couple fo photos of it can be found here:

idea what this connector is called, as I want to try and get hold of another cable.

TIA.

Reply to
JoeJoe

It's proprietary, but search engines seem to show that TZ10 to USB or HDMI cables are available in the shops ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry, but still can't find any. Care to share a link(s) please?

Reply to
JoeJoe

OG

try ebay

Reply to
cynic

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , JoeJoe writes

Why did they have to come up with yet another fecking proprietary connector when a mini-USB B would have been just as good?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Money? They do so love a bit of after-sales action...

Reply to
Chronos

I have a TZ7 which has the same connector.

But I can't be arsed with all that so I just take the SD card out and plug it in to a USB card reader to download the files on to a PC

Phil

Reply to
Phil Jessop

Cheers - that's the one.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Although suggested in the title, both are not the correct ones...

Reply to
JoeJoe

With the manuals with both my Panasonic cameras FZ7, and FZ8 is a section in the front with all the parts and the part nos. Including any connector cables batteries etc. If you Google* the part no. you should be able to find a supplier of generic alternative cables or the pricey Panasonic original if you prefer.

*The part nos are all quite long and so care may be needed to get them correct.

michael adams

michael adams

Absolutely. Faster and simpler, and doesn't use battery power either.

Reply to
Davey

I tend to agree. However, the only reason I use the cable is because the door doesn't seem as sturdy and robust as the one on my 9 year old Sony that is as good as new after almost daily use during that time.

Reply to
JoeJoe

In that case you're excused!

Thinking about it, mine would probably work even if the door fell off, both the battery and the card are held in place anyway.

Reply to
Davey

Because you can't get HDMI out of a usb connector?

Reply to
dennis

Why not get an SD card reader? I have an internal Sweex 'multicard' reader in my desktop which I bought, from Amazon for the sort of price I might have paid for a cable, and my laptop came with an SD card reader. One SD memory card I bought came with a free reader.

Much more useful IMHO

Michael Chare

Reply to
Michael Chare

In article , dennis@home writes

OP made no mention of HDMI.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

True. But perhaps the camera has a single socket that combines USB and mini-HDMI output? So you choose which to use by which cable you connect?

Actually looks not a million miles from DisplayPort.

Reply to
Rod

No but that's one reason you find a connector with more pins than a usb has on a camera.

Reply to
dennis