What price for replacing combi boiler and power flush

When I replaced my gfs parents central heating I ran the gas pipe down to the meter and got a plumber mate to do the final connection. Can you guess which bit had a leak?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I've suiggested that to various gas engineers who also fit boilers etc over the last few years and they will not touch a job where someone they don't know has fitted the central heating system, tanks, and the boiler, leaving just the gas connection too.....

Apparently its to do with who to blame if something does not work.....

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

and why waste time on a job for beer money when you can charge a few grand for doing the whole lot...

Reply to
John Rumm

Who would expect someone who merely connected the gas supply to be responsible for the rest of the system? Unless paid a fee for commissioning the whole thing. Which is an entirely different matter.

More likely due to supply and demand, a qualified fitter would rather have the whole job than just a part of it. When work gets short, things will likely change.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Steve Lewis writes

Not as illegal as top posting

I fitted my own boiler

I have yet to be extraordinarily renditioned to guantanamo bay

managed to fit it himself.

Purchased?

Local shop gave me mine FOC

Reply to
geoff

In message , Ret. writes

Well, not strictly true - you have to be "competent"

as you said below

Reply to
geoff

In message , Steve Lewis writes

No, you TPB

If you look at

are a lot of "shoulds" and confusing bending of terms

It says "You should not ..." and not "You are not allowed to ..."

"To do work" is associated with payment

They also call fitters "Engineers"

need I say more?

Reply to
geoff

Not only "the system" but all other gas appliances in the house

Reply to
geoff

Of all the joints in my house, there was one done by british gas when they installed a cooker while I was in germany

Guess which one was later found to be leaking

Reply to
geoff

It's a strange choice of word. Most wouldn't attempt *anything* unless they considered themselves competent at doing it. In their own view. Others might well have a different opinion of that competency. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)