replacing a combi boiler with a combi boiler - legal?

Hi

I havebeen told that I should be replacing our knackered combi with a condensing combi due to new legistaltion. Is this true? I was also told that it may not apply if you are replacing a boiler, only with new installations. Help greatly appreciated as it is getting VERY COLD!!!

thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris Long

If it is illegal, how could you possibly get caught?

a.n.other

Would only arise when you come to sell, and need home sellers pack, & I assume Scotland exempt.{Yet voted for by Scottish MP's/imposed on Non Scots}.

If rented property of course would be picked up by Annual Gas Safety Check.

John Prescott's Secret Police ie ODPM Stasi

Reply to
Gel

off a document to Corgi registering your boiler at your address. Oh and I gather they charge you a tenner admin for the privilege bless em! Steve

Reply to
Steve

installations.

Depends where you live. If England (and Wales?) then yes, perhaps! Under the building regs a condensing boiler would now require to be fitted, unless there are technical reasons why it wouldn't be practical. My understanding is (from the gas board) that this exception would only be allowed very infrequently.

If in Scotland, then the new regs come into force in the next month or two (1st April?).

hope this helps,

David

Reply to
David

Assuming you actually have it fitted by a corgi fitter. See my earlier post.

Reply to
a.n.other

A colleague in London had a new boiler recently. The CORGI fitter charges £100 extra do to all the regulatory paperwork, and suggests that if you are having other work done on a building notice at the same time, you include the boiler on that as it will be cheaper than him doing the regulatory paperwork for you (or if you don't care about the regulatory paperwork, save yourself £100).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel