Wet room installation

Hi,
I am thinking of installing a wet room in a stair well cavity that incorporates a toilet, shower and sink. Obviously it will have a suspended timber floor construction, and I think will use 18mm Marine Grade Plywood for the floor covering. However, I am unsure about most of the other aspects of the project... The main areas that I feel I need assistance on are:

and grout be enough? I have heard talk of 'glass reinforced polymer tanking' would this be a better solution?

Cheers
Tim
On 16 Jan 2004 02:05:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@eds.com (Timothy Hill) wrote:

and grout be enough? I have heard talk of 'glass reinforced polymer tanking' would this be a better solution?
Polythene sheet on the floor and up to 100mm up on the walls will give you added peace of mind. I completed my wet room 3 months ago using swimming pool adhesive and grout. So far so good...
Greg
(Timothy Hill) wrote:

adhesive and grout be enough? I have heard talk of 'glass reinforced polymer tanking' would this be a better solution?

Did you lay the tiles directly on to of the sheeting, or did you screed on top first?
snipped-for-privacy@eds.com (Timothy Hill) wrote in message

adhesive and grout be enough? I have heard talk of 'glass reinforced polymer tanking' would this be a better solution?

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing, but on top of the ply I'm going to lay "Wedi Fundo" board which is a waterproof base which already has the drainage slopes and drain, all you do is tile straight on top. See www.wedi.co.uk for the details. It's not cheap though, probably set you back a few hundred pounds, but that shuld include waterproof boards for the walls too.
Let us know how you get on. Phil
snipped-for-privacy@philandjo.co.uk (Big Phil) wrote in message

Hmmm, seems a trifle expensive! Anyways, that aside, does anybody have a reccommendation as to what the drop should be? I have read on here that 1/4" per foot should be sufficient - any comments?