wet room shower

I want to put an ensuite in my bedroom and have it as a wet room rathe

than put a shower tray in. Trouble is I haven't got a clue where to start. Can't afford to ge someone else in to do it, and have got enough time on my hands to do i myself. Ive got a few questions..1/ What do a lay as a base? How do I get th waste out under the floor boards with out going through the joists. Ho do I connect the waste.?

3/ Also I need a masorater. Can I take the waste from this into th loft and back down.? The masorater is higher than the waste for the we room. how does this work? Any way that should be enough for you for now. If you want any mor questions please feel free to ask, Ive got loads for you. Hope you can help me

-- stationarybox

Reply to
stationarybox

try looking at

DJC

I have just completed my wet room project, well all but the shower! and its fantastic. You will get a few people on the forum who are very anti wetrooms but I beleive this is because they have not experienced a correctly designed one. I won't go into detail about this but instead will answer the questions I can.

  1. You can buy complete wetroom systems which contain a shower deck with the correct falls built in to make sure the water flows into the drain. This saves messing aroun with getting the floor levels correct. The kit I used contains a bitumen based membrane which enables you to water proof everything. Basically these are the high level steps if you have floorboards.
  2. Mark out the shower tray base on the floor
  3. Cut away the floorboards
  4. Fit shower tray flush with flooring
  5. apply primer
  6. apply membrane
  7. apply jointing compound along joints
  8. Lay UFH
  9. Tile over

How do I get the

With great difficulty, this was the hardest part. You will likely have to go through the joists. You may be able to minimise this though depending on which direction your joists run and where your soil pipe will be located.

Always try and minimse the area you remove from the joists as this will weaken them. There are some regulations around this that I did my best to stick too but I dont recall them at this moment in time. I also had some problems getting the correct fall for the waste but everything is working fine at the moment and waste is running away freely.

How

What waste are you talking about, the shower waste? If so the waste pipe attaches to the shower trap which is also included with some kits together with drain grate which is installed flush to the tiles. The waste pipe should run to the soil stack. In my setup I have the shower waste pipe running into the soil stack and I have Teed into this for the sink waste. The toilet waste is seperate of course.

Sorry cant help you here.

If you want the name of the company I got my kit from let me know. I cant recall that either at this moment! memory is shot.........

HTH

Cheers

Richard

Reply to