wet room - how to?

There isn't enough water around to do that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You and Andy keep repeating this bollocks as if it were fact and as if it made a difference. All fans active, in every single wet room I have tried. The only "wet rooms" that work aren't in fact wet rooms, they are rooms with a large walk-in shower enclosure without doors. Those designs I like whether they are helical walls or large glass screens.

This sort of design works:

Wet rooms don't.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bollocks.

And it wasn't me that was willy-wavign about hotel prices, it was dennis who seemed to think that because he'd paid £400 for a room that it trumped all counter arguments. I've encoutnered wet rooms in Hotels around the world from Japan right around and back to Japan. I've never, ever encountered a wet room design that works.

I do, however, have low-level shower trays and walk in showers in my own homes and they are spacious, work, and are vastluy more attractive than some borstal shower clock design that needs ludicrous forced ventilation.

[snip bollocks]

plink, plink.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't even know what a wet room is.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is utterly fuckwitted.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The wet rooms you have been in don't work. Maybe its the user that's the problem? Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain.. there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo.. Then there is a wall with a loo roll on. How exactly are you getting it wet? Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as far as possible?

Reply to
dennis

Well I have. You just haven't stayed in an well designed hotels.

Reply to
dennis

Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain.. there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo.. Then there is a wall with a loo roll on. How exactly are you getting it wet? Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as far as possible?

Reply to
dennis

Aye. Half of me says it must be possible - yachts manage it.

The other half of me says I live in a house, not on a boat.

john.sabine

Better mentioned here for a dose of reality than sorta-kinda implemented, I thought.

John

Reply to
john.sabine

Bollocks, and you're really not worth bothering with.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You can keep repeating yourself but repeating a load of s**te does not make what you say true.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If you don't want to have one that's fine - your choice. Others may wish to do so.

The problems that you describe can be overcome.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It is true by definition, its a question in case you had not noticed, why do you avoid answering it?

Reply to
dennis

It ism't true "by definition" it isn't even true for every wet room. I have seen wet rooms which are not tiled, ones where the lavatory and other sanitary fitting are not 10 ft fom the shower and ones in whoch the toilet paper is not on a wall.

No, I don't run around the room to spread the water around as far as possible. You're simply trying to be glib, or offensive I can't work out which. You are doing your usual stupid trick of trying to conjecture a series of circumstances and then to claim that these are true in every case.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I have never seen them overcome, irrespective of the design of the wet room. The only thing that works is to have a shower screen of some sort and to confine the water to a limited area.

This then also permits towels to be placed within handy reach and is more attractive than the prison block look that characterises wet rooms.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes it is, I repeated the question, the question is true, why do you think its a lie?

You said wet rooms don't work, they do if they are done right. You just haven't seen one that's been done right. If its done right you can't get wet toilet paper or even the toilet unless /you/ wet it. If you are going to wet things a screen isn't going to help. Why not admit that you are wrong in claiming they don't work based on your limited experience of poor wet rooms?

Reply to
dennis

They don't.

No such things exist.

Correct I have never seen one done right. I've been to hotels in every continent in the world, stayed in places that pride themselves on the quality of en-sutie wet rooms, I've encoutnered themin friends houses, in houses I was thinking of pruchasing and I've had architects suggest to me for houses I have built or renovated. I have seen them in show homes and at buildign exhibitions. I haven't seen a single one "done right".

You're talking out of your arse. Every one I have used results in damop towels, damp lavatory paper and unpleasant humidity, even witht he vastly oversized ventilation system running full bore. Underfloor heating just makes it worse.

Why not just admit that you're talking shit? My experience is not "limited" despite your frequent attempts to claim that it is. IMO the one with limited or no experience is you.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The difference is that I know what I'm talkign about and you're talking shit.

Area.

Utter bollocks, and you just did.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You have limited experience as I do.. you haven't seen a wet room that's OK, I have. Try harder.

Just think about it for a second or two.. what is the difference between a puddle on a shower tray made of cast stone and one on some tiles made of cast stone, none! If a wet room can't work neither can a shower tray.

Reply to
dennis