Way to manoeuvre wheelchair in tight space

Which only reinforces my impression that what you need is a platform the chair can drive onto that has fully castoring wheels. Perhaps, due to the space limitations, those might need to be inboard of the chair wheels, rather than outboard, as they usually are on a car creeping trolley.

Reply to
Nightjar

If the Sliderzdon't work, I think I'll try that next!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It can pivot in its own length. This is just a very very tight corner.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, we'll know in two weeks' time (from today) as that is when they are next visting and I should have the Sliderz this week.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In that case the best solution is to remove the corner. There are probably grants available for the adaptation.

Reply to
dennis

Grants for adaptations for a person who is not resident in the house but only occasionally visiting in a personal capacity? I'd like to know from where and under what heading. I start off very doubtful that even Scotland's block grant can afford such things.

Reply to
Robin

Don't be - the RR Sport has hands free parking so it does it for you - or so I'm told by one owner of such.

Reply to
David P

Or if they don't, they have cameras so you can see all round.

Reply to
Huge

Not when she is just an occasional vistor to our house...

Reply to
Bob Eager