Water-repellent paint - exterior

I'm pretty sure I've got penetrating damp (happens only when there's heavy rain) and my DIY book says I should use water-repellent paint all over the exterior wall to cure the problem.

I've looked on the 'net and found this:

£80/25litres or £3/litre

However, I visited B & Q and found Thomson's water proof paint at £8/5 litre or £2.50/litre.

Is any of this stuff any good?

How long does it last?

Is there any special recommendation?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

> i.e. £80/25litres or £3/litre

A simple comparison between the information provided on the supplied link and that at

with the linked pdf's may assist you in this area.

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

I've had excellent results with this

think carefully before painting anything on to it.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

yes quite. Penetrating damp patches suggests a non-cavity wall, which suggests a historic property. Rain repellant paints really arent the best solution. Ask people with the subject knowledge:

meow2222