Washer Dryer keeps BEEPING and I'm going mad!

Just bought a Zanussi WDJ 1500 washer dryer second hand.

A great little machine in all respects, but it beeps (as in 'beep', new program selected,'beep' going to the next wash mode, but once or twice every 2 or 3 seconds for the entire wash and dry cycle), ALL the time. All the programs work fine and the clothes are clean and dried beautifully, but can you help me shut it up? I'd be very happy with just disconnecting the beeper, as I think it's not a warning beep etc.

I've taken the top off, and because the beeping is so loud, I can't locate the source.

There's a picture at:

help with your description.

I'm pretty OK with electrics, continuity testing etc and electrical safety and obviously any help you give me is at my own risk.

beep beep,

Will

Reply to
Will

I had one like that once. When it had finished it went beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, beep beep, all fing day! What moron designed that.

Anyway the solution is to put a good squirt of silicone or acrylic filler or no-more-nails into the beeper. The beeper will be a small round black thing with a hole in it, maybe 3/4" wide, about 1/2"-3/4" high, and its on one of the PCBs.

Designs like that make me wonder if theres any hope left for the human species.

If you bought it new I'd say call the helpline up every time it beeps, and say 'beep beep'

No wonder they sold it

NT

Reply to
meow2222