Wallpaper: paste the wall

Management has kindly provided me with some wallpaper to hang but, unlike all the other rolls I've ever hung, this says to paste the wall rather than the paper.

Do I have to? Is it easier? Is it essential? Will it go horribly wrong if I don't? What's the point?

TIA

It's certainly a hell of a lot easier. I've used it with ordinary paper if I'm cramped for space or can't be bothered to set up a pasting table. Don't be in too much of a hurry to slap the paper on until you're sure the adhesive isn't being sucked into the wall in patches

I'd guess your particular paper might stretch if it was allowed to soak.

Reply to
stuart noble

I've done that with double-width fabric-backed vinyl, in a smallish bathroom. It was _much_ easier than the usual method.

Reply to
S Viemeister

PVA the wall before pasting or the wall will suck up the paste.

Reply to
EricP