velux windows problem

I have two velux windows in my extension roof. With all the rain overnight and this morning one of them started leaking. Not actually through the window but around the top of where it's fitted. Can't see anything obvious outside though although one thing occurred to me. The roof is made from those curvy type roof tiles and on the one velux window the tile comes to a natural end just before the window but on the other (which is leaking) it's cut at the rising point if you see what I mean so I was wondering if it's possible the rain has blown in to the hole and is causing the leak.

Otherwise any ideas what I could look for?

Thanks

Reply to
John

Your velux's, they're not the GVT154 heritage windows by any chance?

I had 6 of these fitted recently. Out of the box, we found 3 had hairline cracks in the plastic moulding of the base, and 2 more were cracked right through. We got 5 replacements within 48 hours, but I can't say I like the quality of the mouldings on any of them - too brittle.

I've gone right off Velux after this, looks like they've had a cheapening down exercise all round. My roofers turned their noses up at the rather thin lead flashings from Velux - compared to the quality of lead flashing my roofers were accustomed to buying for their own use.

Reply to
dom

We have a "normal" centre pivot velux which can leak as you describe.

My theory is that the "gutters" built in around the sides of the window get choked with leaves, beech nuts, moss etc and so cannot cope with stormy rain.

hope it helps Jim

Reply to
jim

Not those no. Can't remember the version but they're very common. I must admit to being less than impressed by them. They're nice light but they're really really noisy in the rain.

Reply to
John

Thanks - I'll have a look (if it ever stops raining)

Reply to
John