Useful mobile tip?

My better half has managed to damage her mobile more times than I care to remember. The damage usually involves the antenna socket; until Christmas, she had Ericssons of various flavours. The repair usually involved super-glueing the brass insert back into the (cracked) case, or replacing the case if it could take no more repairs. I came to accept that at the bottom of a woman's handbag is a carefully hidden mechanism which detects mobile phone antennae, and carefully applies as much force as is required to detach it. The mechanism infallibly detects the most inconvenient time to do this.
My finite patience ran out, and I bought her a Trium 110 from Amazon (just under 30UKP) for Christmas. Tiny, cheap and with an internal antenna. I also persuaded her to go to the local optician, and find a rigid spectacle case to keep the phone in. Magic! For under 4UKP, she found an ideal "ruggedised" container. There are not many useful mobile "accessories" for under a fiver!
The plastic cases work well, but surprisingly, the phone rang when it was called even in a metal case. No doubt the signal is severely attenuated, but if you are always in a high signal area, or not too worried about incoming calls (both of our mobiles are "emergency only"), and you want the ultimate protection, consider a metal case.
Anybody else with any useful phone tips?

Don't lean over a toilet with it in your top shirt pocket.

Lol ! I once did this with a camera whilst on holiday. Luckily I'd already flushed before it happened....
Nick
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:33:23 +0000, Doctor D. wrote:

And if it does go in the toilet, don't pee on it, as my friend did to hers last christmas.
Dave

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:33:23 -0000, "Doctor D."

Also, switch it off when you go in the loo. It could be embarassing if someone calls you whilst you are on the throne.
Having said that, when I worked a Unisys a while back I went in to take a leak and there was this Unisys bod stood at the urinal holding a conversation with a customer. I try to have more respect for my customers!
PoP
What the eye don't see...

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:26:20 -0000, "PJO"

Well I presume he was having a wee - maybe it was one of his female customers though ;)
PoP
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:26:20 -0000, "PJO"

Phones have cameras these days.
According to my kids, all kinds of photographs of parts of the anatomy are commonly passed between teenagers, so I don't suppose that people would be averse to the idea either.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Now, that IS taking the p***
-- J.Milton.Hayes

My wife's Nokia 3310's never had any problems. Just replace the cases when they get too scratched. A bit more expensive than a Trium (about 30 of ebay) though some mobile retailers to refurbished units fairly cheap.
Don't go up scaffolding with a phone attached to your belt! And don't do it several times, as I have. Mine's insured so it doesn't really matter, when a job goes a bit wrong the phone tends to fly into solid objects! New phone first thing next day no probs.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.