UPVC window Condensation

My UPVC windows regularly suffer from condensation around the lower half of the windows - about 1- 1.5 " around the edge of the glass
I have been told this may be because the double glazed units are sealed with a metal bead - this is causing a cold spot which reacts with our CH (radiator under each window)
The problem is worse at night when we are sleeping
My neighbours windows don't seem to suffer the same way
Could this be a fault or is it common ??? Any suggestions to remedy -- Regards
Hays
T610 Housings in stock now!! www.phonepro.go.to

gases. Usually the only way is to replace the sealed unit. You may be able to claim on your warranty or building insurance
Alec

common dodge for the installers to try and extort another few thousand when that happens.
If anyone has had a windows rep do that to them, report the matter to whatever authorities they can and to the world at large via the internet.
If it is just the water from the damp weather condensing on the coolest part of the room then ventilate the house during the day. The problem is exarcerbated when gas cylinder heaterss etc are used as they pour out water vapour usually in unvented rooms. A very unhealthy state of affairs.
And the room takes more heating to warm it being damp with condensation. But even housing that is well ventillated and homes not usig such heaters will get some damp in the murky weather we have just been through.

What's wrong with the replies you got to the same question you posted on Monday?
--
A. Top posters.

He`s posting from onetel - maybe their news servers are like btinternet's
(ie. sodding useless)

Thanks for all the replies (inc Mondays !!!!- not sure what happened there) I feel reassured that it's not a major problem with the windows as the company I bought them from never gave me my 10 yr guarantee and promptly "went into receivership" changing their name from "xyz" windows to "xyz trade windows" Obviously they kept the same vans, phone no's premises etc etc and STILL advertise as XYZ windows!!!