uPVC Door draught.

Yesterday, in a flash of illumination (literally) the sun hit the front door and around the lip with the rubber seal I noticed I could see daylight in places. This explains at least one of the draughts I've been trying to track down (it's an old house). I can usually manage to stop draughts with one or more of an array of 'stuff' but I'm not sure how to resolve this one, the rubber strip looks OK, should I look at replacing it or is there something else I should be looking at?

Before anyone mentions it, the company who installed is long gone so there's little to no chance of recourse there and even if there was, it wouldn't make my house warmer quickly.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Clint Sharp

Look at the rollers on the front edge of the door, they are used as adjusters using the 'cam' principle, find an Allen key that will fit the slot and turn them in-or out until there is a good seal on the rubbers.

To check this seal, simply tear a piece of newspaper and 'trap' this between the door and rubbers and pull the paper out - there should be a slight resistance when doing this, if not, adjust said rollers until there is.

Cash

Reply to
Cash