**** Update - Thames Valley Group Meet, Wed. March 17th. ****

Following the suggestions, I checked out the Corus Hotel in Crowthorne. Unfortunately, they expect to have a conference group that week and told me that typically the place gets packed when that happens and they don't take reservations. I therefore felt it would be better to give it a miss.

With a bit more looking, I found the Wellington Arms in Sandhurst

passing and dropped in to check it out.

It's quite a reasonable place, refurbished but not too plastic, beer is OK and food is bar food plus a menu of specials.

They don't expect to be busy on that Wednesday but would take bookings, so I've made a provisional reservation for Wednesday 17th from 19.30 in my name.

It's also quite easy to get to and to find, being on the bend of Yorktown Rd at Wellington Rd. in Sandhurst opposite the park and about

100m from the Rackstraw traffic lights.

the A30, head north at the Homebase roundabout, past the Tesco/M&S shopping centre and left at the major (Rackstraw) junction

From Bracknell, head south on the A3095 Crowthorne bypass and right at Rackstraw lights.

From Reading either make for Bracknell and south, or the back way through Arborfield, Eversley, Yateley to Sandhurst. The pub is at the opposite end of the village to the station.

I think that this place should be OK, but if anybody wants to suggest an alternative, then please do so by about Wednesday this week.

I've provisionally booked for ten, but this has some adjustability. If you're coming, please email or post.

thanks

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I keep missing these meets :-(

It's a bit of a trek for me, so needs forward planning. I'm going to try really, really hard to make the next one. It would really help me if we can set a date several weeks beforehand.

Have fun!

Reply to
Grunff

It's about time for another London one. Would that work for you? Long trip though....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

London's as good as anywhere. It's just a matter of being organised enough to arrange a place to stay, and having enough advance warning to sort things out so I can be away for a night.

Keep us posted on the next couple of meets, and I'll do my best to get to one of them.

Reply to
Grunff