Unobtrusive fence post fixing

Hi all,

I am involved in fitting out a community shop. A picket fence is being used to separate the serving area off from the rest of the shop, and we need to fix 75mm fence posts to the floor to support it. Using a metpost bolt-down shoe is the easiest way of doing this, but would be rather unsightly. Can anyone recommend a method which is less obtrusive? The best option so far is to do something rather like a pocket-hole but with sleeve anchors instead of screws, but I'm not sure that would be strong enough.

The floor is 100mm concrete.

thanks,

dan.

Reply to
dent

Got a welder?

25mm steel conduit welded to flat plates and bolted down. Hole up the centre of each wooden post. Counterbores underneath to clear any screw heads.

Cross bolt at the top if you need to secure it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley