TV soundbars

Frequency sweeps all seem like impressive stuff.

I don't have a CD player attached to the telly these days so that's out.

If the jjbun app as really good then ?6 is fair enough but if it is just a glorified tone generator then I would hope there are free apps to do that. Not sure what use the chart you mention would serve. I guess it should be somehow possible to get the telly to play it - perhaps by screen mirroring (like Miracast) or maybe the app can actually cast its output to the telly as several apps do these days (using WiFi Direct I think).

My bass speaker doesn't have any settings at all but I was thinking that I might, in the best traditions of DIY, remove the front grille and experiment with attaching a blob of something to the speaker cone to dampen it down. It's not very scientific and might be time consuming and even fail to work at all but it's very cheap. :-)

Reply to
pamela

Smart telly, can't it play audio files from the network somewhere or froma USB stick shoved in the side. Might have to pretend it's bacground musak for a slide show.

AudioTool is far more than a tone generator. It's a whole tool kit of sound measurement and analysis thingies. Spectrum Analyser, Spectroscope, Leq, SPL, RT60...

In this use it was the level v time chart being used. Why? It's easier to see the level variations of a frequency sweep from a line that goes up and down ona graph than guesstimate from a constantly changing numeric display.

Not need to have it on the telly, phone screen is fine. You want the telly playing a seperate sound file containing a frequency sweep. There is a tonesweep/noise generator in AudioTool but not sure if it can tone generate and do something else at the same time. Bit of a fall off if it can't but I've never had the need to try.

That's not likely to have any great effect.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think both the DVD players in this house can play CDs

Reply to
Chris French

Very annoyingly, the telly doesn't always recognise a USB stick properly. (The telly insists on testing the USB stick which is when I think it also formats it and afterwards says the performance is an unlikely 0 MBps and says it is below spec.)

However the telly can run an app which streams from the network although that won't help if there isn't a suitable app but I could launch the browser and get it to play something from a web page if such a thing exists. It's awkward to navigate the pointer which means rapid A-B tests are out.

Oh hold on, I could cast the audio to the telly from a tablet. That might be best.

Reply to
pamela