TV radio and internet advertising......

The bbc STEAL money from people. You pay the BBC to watch Sky. Tell me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I do not see ads on the internet. Adblock rules. Fuck the advertisers.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Perhaps you don't know history, but ITV started in the mid 1950s. Called by one of its owners, 'A licence to print money' And the competition also kicked the BBC into making better programmes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

When I was in hospital for 4 months, the poxy TV gantry was £50pm, plu s I was paying £60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only £10p m.

THE HOSPITAL ONE WAS PAID OUT OF THE £350pm NI I WAS STILL PAYING VIA BP's SICK PAY.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Oh, I know history, and count the launch of ITV as the point of infection. Of course in the early days it was good, as with the internet the money from advertising helped produce some real gems (cf. google earth), and as you say the competition was beneficial. But eventually the greed takes over from the well-intentioned, and they're now on the way to being as bad as American TV - a constant stream of adverts interrupted by brief segments of programme (with overlay adverts just to get an extra few cents...).

And now the BBC seems to be competing to be as /bad/ as ITV...

Reply to
Ian

Would that be in Little England, given many countries only had commercial broadcasting?

The greed came from the UK goverment. Allowing more TV channels to increase their income from TV. And, of course, the mantra that competition always brings a better service for the customer. Which surely can't be wrong?

But a free for all approach is exactly what the majority on here want? Never mind the quality - feel the width.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I just about remmebr that program beign on the TV mum and dad gettign ready to watch it was quite an event it seemed, something special can't understand why it wasn't even coour or in HD let alone HDR 4K ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

For many colour and HD are far more important than the programme content.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yes I was hinting at that.

Reply to
whisky-dave

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 06:12:51 -0000, Simon Mason wro= te:

me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

lus I was paying =A360pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only =A310pm= .

But you could have cancelled the Sky, you can't cancel BBC.

A BP's SICK PAY.

-- =

I'm not as drunk as thinkle may peep.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

e:

me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

plus I was paying £60pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only ? ?10pm.

TELL ME HOW TO CANCEL SKY FROM A HDU BED IN HOSPITAL.

Reply to
Simon Mason

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 17:44:01 -0000, Simon Mason wro= te:

ell me why you incorrectly believe this is ok?

, plus I was paying =A360pm to Sky at home and yet the BBC was only =A31=

0pm.

On your laptop/phone/tablet. But then your wife was using it.

Anyway, this is not about your particular situation, but about everyone = paying the BBC, even those who only watch Sky channels. It's downright = theft. Sky don't get paid when you watch BBC1. Tesco don't get paid wh= en you buy things in Asda.

-- =

"A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They're the same as my settings!

Reply to
pamela

It's 'cos they make such terrible programs. They'd never survive in the real world having to compete with channels that make far more interesting stuff.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

...but...they are all in Detroit

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Who'd have thought it? In a predominantly black area, too. Well I never.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But America can move houses:

-- =

An ostrich=E2=80=99s eye is bigger than its brain.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I tolerate zero advertising.

Reply to