Track lighting systems

Don't judge me. I've been rather taken by the Ikea track lighting system.

Only problem is, the Ikea system only seems to let you connect power at one end of the track - not much use when the lighting cables emerge in the centre of the room.

Can anyone: a) tell me if it's possible somehow to set up the ikea system with the power connector in the middle of the track; or b) recommend an alternative track system that allows this

I'm after a track system primarily *not* for halogen spotlights. What I liked about the Ikea system was that you could connect most of their pendant lights to it. Are other manufacturers tracks compatible?

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

Two short tracks meeting in the middle?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Could you use a three way connector to supply power to the centre of two shorter lengths of track?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I could indeed. Good idea, thanks. Sometime I'm just dense.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

Getting that setup wass the problem. Couldn't find an Ikea connector that fitted in the middle.

But Tim's suggestion would work and, after trawling through the 'Assembly instruction' PDFs on their website, I've found that their

4-way connector actually accepts power so I could use that too.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison