Towel radiator

Management has decided at a late stage that she would like a chrome towel radiator such as that at

in the newly refurbished, but not quite finished, shower room.

The existing radiator is 790mm wide but I can't find a supplier for a towel radiator this size. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I really don't want to have to start moving pipes at this stage!

If I have to go for 600mm (which seems to be pretty much standard) can anyone suggest a decent supplier who doesn't want the proverbial arm and leg?

I've used and can recommend

I found and used them because I also needed a non-bog-standard towel rail.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Answering my own questions now!

I've found this:

got any experience of 'Taptrade' or this heated towel rail?

try ebay that's where i got mine, and be warned they dont give alot of heat off, and when most of the rails covered in towels you be lucky to get any heat off them to go into the room. If it's a bigish room maybe you can install a very small doulbe radiator by it. I'm gonna have to do this as our bathroom is very cold sometimes.

Reply to
htmark98

Thanks, I'll have a look.

4' x 4' (ish)

I can't comment on sizes, but have you calculated what heat putput you need? Towel radiators provide a lot less heat than a panel radiator of the same overall size - and even less when they are insulated with piles of towels.

You might have to ask the management to decide between trendiness and comfort!

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is any use to you, but we have 750mm chrome curved...

also straight
elements are also available for year round use.

Harv

Harv

Got the above from Taptrade. Delivered Tuesday after ordering Sunday night. Looks OK and seems well made (although I've nothing to judge it against!).

Dunno if this is particularly relevant but it's a good trick anyway. We had a large twin bar towel rail in the singing room but the 'management' wanted more heat. As said, towel radiators don't chuck out much and are hideously expensive so after a lot of deep thinking I had a rare brainwave. Since the rail was pretty big bore, fit a radiator underneath the existing towel rail and plumb them in series. Cheap, and worked a treat.

Best

Reply to
andykillochan