Internal Brickwork

Hi, after removing some brick tiles from a chimney breast I found the original 1920's bricks underneath. Although they are not the best they have a lovely red tinge when wet. Is there anything I can use to bring out the colour and keep them matt? Julia

Reply to
Julia

Ronseal matt varnish, this will deepen the colour.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It's not actually designed for the purpose, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked. You'd certainly need to test in an inconspicuous area and I take no responibility if it goes wrong!

Lithofin MN Colour Enhancer.

Christian McArdle

My digger driver swears by diesel oil, rubbed in.. ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure he does, but what has that got to do with colouring brickwork? ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I suppose he's immune to the smell by now...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi, Do you mind telling me if you managed to get the right colour for your red tiles. I have a cottage in France, the kitchen has old red quarry tiles. I've managed to strip the plastic coating from them after a lot of graft. As you said, "when they're wet they look good". Have you any idea's. I have a lot more to do the bathroom and toilet are the same...... ..Help

Many Thanks A. Kendrick

Reply to
Ann lilian kendrick

I would suggest red tile polish, but I expect it's a trick question.

Reply to
Rob Morley