touch up painting

Having painted some walls about 6 months ago,matt emulsion with a roller. I have a couple of marks on the wall that I want to touch up, however in the past when I have done this you can always spot the difference, never quite sure if its the texture of a slight colour change.

Any ideas on how to acheive a better cover up.

thanks

Reply to
SS

I've successfully patched a small area (1) using a mini roller, may take two or three coats though - with suitable drying time. Make sure that if the surface is gouged that it's properly filled and smoothed.

Peter

(1) elderly lady fell and poked a six inch diameter hole in her plasterboard lounge wall with her walking frame.

Reply to
Peter Andrews

NT

Find yourself one of those washing up pads that have a foam body and an abrasive side. Pour the original paint onto a plate and then bend the sponge by bring together the two edges of the scouring side. Dip the foam side gently into the paint (don't overload it) and then start from the middle and work outwards in a circular pattern until the sponge runs out of paint. Repeat if necessary. The idea is to feather the paint out to nothing.

Wash emulsion from plate and throw away the sponge.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks all for replies,

Dave that sounds a good idea will try that as the marks are fingerprints etc so no holes needing filled in just a cover job.

Reply to
SS

When the FAC was mentioned, I'm surprised that it was not included. I used that method nearly 30 years ago to blend in the paint on aircraft primered parts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave