Topsoil supplier personal recommendation in Bristol area?

I'm looking for 8 cubic metres / 12 tonnes of topsoil to bring up a level to create a lawned area - bagged or lorryload - any personal recommendations? Base is sandstone/clay and stony!

Cheers,

Phil. PS. Don't suggest trying uk.rec.gardening....

Reply to
Phil

Come and help yourself? ;-)

I'm bored with digging.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

You're just too late! Only this afternoon I just finished distributing

8 cu metres of topsoil surreptitiously Colditz fashon arround the garden. I excavated a mound to put in the base for a building and to save skips sieved by hand and saved in a pile as directed by SWMBO thus reducing from 3 to 2 the number of skips needed. Needless to say she changed her mind when she saw the size of the pile and I've had to re-barrow it to the more distant areas of the garden!

Biggest topsoil seller in the UK suprisingly is the British Sugar Corporation - they wash it off sugar beet, settle it out in tanks and flog it by the lorry load.

Andrew Mawson

In the end I went with F A Smith (01761 241378/9) in the Mendips, =A3335 inc VAT & del for 12 tonnes of 11mm screened.

Reply to
Phil

Arrived exactly on time (9AM - they said 9-10), dumped it precisely where I wanted it. Lovely light, loamy soil - shredded & sieved. It's now all spread out, rolled & grass seeded (fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Phil.

Reply to
Phil