Toilet syphon

I've got one of these

and it has a small fault at the end of a flush (either a number 1 or number

2). When the flush finishes, it still has a continuous little trickle into the pan. I cannot find any details on the web that would show me what the likely cause could be, and how to disassemble. So, if anyone here has some thoughts, that'd be great. Ta.
Reply to
Grumps

In the light of day, I managed to disconnect the two activation pipes, and twist the syphon to release its catches. It was then easily removed. The problem was almost certainly down to crud and limescale build up which was stopping the sealing rubber thing from seating properly. Job done!

Reply to
Grumps

"Grumps" wrote

Hi Grumps

Out of interest, how long had the cistern been in use before the problem arose? I actually bought a hansgrohe unit as part of my downstairs toilet re-furb, but took it back when I saw how intricate the various fill and flush mechanisms are - we live in a hard water area and I could see the thing drowning in lime scale within a week. Opted to re-use the existing 1970's cistern with new internals instead. Added bonus, the flush capacity is bigger and it gives us at least one WC which works sufficiently well to retain the coveted title of "Poo Pit".

Phil

Reply to
scullsterhome

We're in a hard water area too. The cistern was installed 3 1/2 years ago with no problems until now. On inspection, there was a little bit of crud stuck to the rubber valve thing. I guess most dislodged limescale gets sucked down the pipe into the pan. I must admit, if I feel a heavy #2 coming along, I will use the other WC which has a more powerful flush.

Reply to
Grumps