Toilet Flush Not Convincing

Offending article Ideal Standard Alto with vertical push button vertical flush siphon.

Last year the project was a bathroom refit. Part of this was Ideal Standard Alto basin and toilet. I am fairly confident that when I fitted this, the flush water discharged from all the way round the rim. Now it is probably doing 2/3 of the circumference of the bowl, omitting the front third. Doesn't look too hygienic this behaviour!

Now I know these new 6 litre flush units are naff by design, but is it likely that the internal channelling has blocked to stop flow to the front part of the bowl rim?

Any suggestions on remedy appreciated

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Hard water area?

I know cistern additives are deprecated, but we use one of the anti-limescale blocks in our cistern, which does seem to reduce the problem.

Lee

Reply to
Lee