Non Self Cleaning Pan - Ideal Standard Alto Toilet Description

Hi all

Just thought there might be some of you out there needing a laugh - partly at my expense - groan. Just come off the phone with Ideal Standard Customer services having complained about the lack of bowl flushing in our Alto toilet. The chirpy madam on the other end claimed that "due to water regulation reducing the flush volume from 7 litres to 6, this is a non-self-cleaning pan"!

Told her that at time of purchase this was not highlighted in any of the literature.

She said that I should sprinkle talcum powder down the bowl and then flush the toilet and ring her back with the dimension of non-cleaned pan.

How a non-self cleaning pan can pass required hygiene standards I have no idea. As most of the female population will tend to direct their fluid waste to the front of the pan, I fail to see why this area should be given less priority than any other as far as the cleaning goes!

Any comments?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Another one of those 'enviromental' ideas that in practice means I now have to flush my toilet twice - using far more water than the old system. Happy days - I'll bet it was John Prescott's idea before he thought of Part P!!

Just a thought - you can just ignore Part P(ee) but you can't ignore the fact that it didn't flush properly.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews