Toilet bidet seat conversions

Has anyone got any experience of bidet toilet seat conversions like this?

like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo.

Any thoughts?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Seems like a low risk affordable way of converting an existing loo. Any thoughts? Tim

That water looks very cold...

and are you actually allowed to put a potable water outlet inside a WC pan?

RobertL

Apart from risk of flooding when plastic pipe connections burst.

I'm always suspicious of something 'invented' by Won-Ki Lim, but perhaps that's just linguistic prejudice.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

3 weeks ago i fitted a japanese bidet seat to my bog, but that was £450 as opposed to twenty odd quid for the thing your talking about,

Mind, my unit is remote controlled, heated seat, fan that sucks the smells through a carbon filter, heated water for bidet functions at a user selectable level, same with pressure and position of the sprayer bar, warm air drier for when you've given the old brown eye a good jet wash etc.

Even has an enema function if you've eaten too many boiled eggs for tea, high pressure jet that fills you up backwards... havent tried that one yet... tho the ladies wash function gave my nuts a good tickling :)

It even flows the water for it through a softening filter thing, so your bum dosent scale up i guess

I have seen warm water fed versions of the one your talking about, but of course that needs a hot pipe connection, ok if the bog is next to the sink of the pipes to the sink or bath/shower run pretty close by, but not sure i'd want to be squirting freezing cold water on me arse, especialy not this time of year anyway.

Reply to
Gazz

It would certainly be a Eureka moment when that went up yer chuff.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Tim+ writes

How can you go wrong ? "SHATTAF BIDET"

Reply to
geoff

Not convinced by the "won't be too cold" claim... I expect in winter off a mains cold feed, it could probably make your eyes water!

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, I took the plunge and I have to say I rather impressed. I am now cleansed of Klingons and depleted of dangle berries. ;-)

Yes, it may only use cold water but it's not that bad and if I was really fussed, I could probably make up a low wattage water heating system but really it's not a problem. Fitting was relatively easy although the plumbing T-piece provided wouldn't accept a standard cistern connection. The internal diameter of the fitting was just a bit too small for the stepped section of the "male" pipe connector. I just ground off the stepped section to make it a flat face and used a rubber washer. I might look for alternatives but it seems to work fine.

Other minor issues, as it raises the seat hinge by about 5mm, the seat now slopes very slightly "downhill". Again not a problem. Lastly, my seat lid binds ever so slightly but I'm sure that the parts will "wear together" pretty soon. Alternatively I could speed up the process with a bit of sandpaper in the pinch-point if it bothered me.

Some pictures here.

General overview

binding

of pan with seat up.

a cold water pressure of around 3 bar here it does a very thorough job. All in all, for the money I think it's pretty darned good. Time will tell if the materials are good enough to make it durable.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

One can only offer hearty congratulations.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I think that in a small way, the world is now a better place. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That's all we can hope for.