Today's Top Tip

Before picking up your fully laden, 19 compartment trade case of screws

- do ensure that the clips are done up.

Failure to do so will result in the best part of 3,000 screws spilling into the floor.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Been there...

Especially annoying sorting them all by length when they are all pointy bastards.

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's on occasions like this that small children who enjoy sorting things come in handy.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Who hasn't done that. I learnt quickly that only self locking burst-proof trays were worth a thing. Strange that many trays out there aren't.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Similarly, when transporting a tooltray that's full of tiny components in different compartments, using a hand-pulled trolley, don't allow a combination of adverse camber, a sharp corner, too much hurry, and a gale force wind to overturn the trolley. It's especially important to avoid this when the ground has two inches of freezing slush on it, because this makes the retrieval of the components all the more unpleasant.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Particularly entertaining when this takes place on the access road of a large factory, causing thousands of pounds-worth of work for garages replacing punctured tyres.

Bitter? Me?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

happened to me just last month! grrrrrrr

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

The one time I did this, I evidently looked so desolate that my wife took pity on me and did most of it for me. I'm a lucky man.

Reply to
newshound