TLC

Decided to try their online ordering for pickup at my local store. If only to get a print out and save having to remember things. The 'system' says it will send you an email when the order is ready for collection. Which it hadn't by this morning so decided to just go anyway - complete with my printed out list.

It was fairly obvious the branch hadn't had any communication about my order as the assistant entered it all in manually. And unusually were out of stock of a few fairly common items. Which they arranged to have sent to the branch for collection on Monday.

Later this afternoon I got an email saying my order was ready for collection...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yebbut be fair, there's quite a bit you're not telling us.

When did you place the order? Was it only the previous evening? Was it a couple of days previously? What time in the morning did you visit? Was it first thing(ish)? Not unreasonably, there may be a few hours delay in their system.

Good for them, they obviously managed to ship the good out to the branch really quickly.

I don't have the luxury of a local branch, but I've always found their deliveries excellent, almost always following day.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Annoying thing about my local branch is that they don't stock the 'D Line' trunking which is brilliant stuff. Has to come from another branch next day.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Previous afternoon. About 1500.

Around 1200.

Checked with them this morning and that's not the case.

I'm not really criticising them as I use them near exclusively and find them excellent - just their website ordering. I've not had cause to have stuff delivered, but of course that will come - presumably - from their main stores. In general my local branch is very rarely out of stock - quite a difference from other electrical wholesalers. It could be they're suffering from the Olympics thing like so many others.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, I *think* their web deliveries are made from the local store. Certainly they have been delivered by a TLC van and I rang the local store to discuss a minor problem (satisfactorily sorted out but I can't actually remember what it was).

Reply to
Rod

It might vary with location, but here they come from the nearest branch. Don't know if that counts as main branch or not though. There have been a couple of times recently when I ordered more obscure stuff that they had to get it from another branch.

Reply to
John Rumm

I heard that some 'branches' are franchises?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I would not be surprised if most of them are...

Reply to
John Rumm