Tinting masonry paint.

The front of my house was painted a couple of years ago and is standing up pretty well. Should last another couple of years. But I've just removed the window boxes and the paint on the concrete sill underneath them is pretty scrappy looking. I've given it a good scrub - but it's still rather tatty. I've got some spare paint - but it would look silly being fresh white while all the other paintwork has mellowed. Could I tint it to match and with what?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

paint dye. It comes in several colours, red, blue, black and ochre, these can be mixed with any type of paint whether oil or water based and can be had from a good paint outlet. The ochre one is a sort of muddy yellow and can be used to make white paint anything from a very pale magnolia to deep cream.

Reply to
Phil L

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

Often in these circumstances it is only you that notices the differences!

Reply to
Alan