Tiling - New Plaster

I've just had a bathroom re-plastered, rough coat only, in preparation for new tiles. The plaster used has a light grey colour and a very smooth, almost shiny, surface. Water just runs down it, rather than being absorbed. Is it necessary to seal it with PVA/water or can I get on an tile directly on to it?

TIA.

Reply to
Hywel Jenkins

Sounds more like render than plaster. Probably not necessary to seal. Just hope the surface has enough grab to hold the tiles. If its non-absorbent and you're using ready mixed adhesive the drying time could be extended

Reply to
OldBill