Tie Rack?

I have built a walk in wardrobe and need to sort out a rack for my ties. The only place I can put them is on the back of the door (78"by30"). I have tried a normal clothes rail screwed to the back of the door, but the ties just slip off it and wave around when I shut the door.

Does anybody have a more elegant solution?

Thank

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

I have loaned my Woodfit catalogue but they used to sell a very nice little tie rack.

Richard

Reply to
Rick

I managed to find a little "hanger" that sorts the problem nicely. It is a strip of wood about 6" tall by 2" wide and 3/8" thick. It has a standard hanger hook that sticks out to top to hang it on a rail. And then a number (10 or so each side) of brass hanging loops that stick out each side. You thread the tie through the loop and it hangs on well enough it stays put.

_ / \ \ | + ___| |___ /---| |---\ ___| |___ /---| |---\ ___| |___ /---| |---\ ___| |___ /---| |---\ ___| |___ /---| |---\

(SWMBO - reading this message over my shoulder points out that it was actually *her* who found the beastie described. The source apparently was "Tie Rack" appropriately enough!)

Reply to
John Rumm

"Andrew Barnes" wrote | I have built a walk in wardrobe and need to sort out a rack for my ties. | The only place I can put them is on the back of the door (78"by30"). | I have tried a normal clothes rail screwed to the back of the door, | but the ties just slip off it and wave around when I shut the door. | Does anybody have a more elegant solution?

Wind a length of elastic spiral-wise along the rail and secure at each end. Then when you fold a tie in half and hang over the rail, pass it under a winding of elastic. It shouldn't need much friction to hold it on.

You could also coat the rail with something like plasti-dip(?) to make it less slippy.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Andrew Barnes writes

There was a neat little tie rack in the old wardrobe I took out of our bedroom.

It was quite simple, a rectangular back piece, two sides about 2-3 inches deep, and some dowels across to hang the ties/ belts on. Staggered so that the ones above hung between the ones below

Reply to
chris French