Throat Forming Lintel

I need to obtain or make one for a builders opening which is 720mm wide, of standard brick construction on a flat wall.

You can buy a kit of parts with front, back throats and all manner of integrated bits. I just want a standard concrete lintel with a 45º chamfer that's up to the heat.

Anyone know where from or how I make one?

I guess if making I need a cast and some steel rods, any other advice for making sure it's up to the job?

TIA

Reply to
VisionSet

I did this job a long time ago. I got one from a local (small) builder's merchant. They had to order it in, but it didn't take long.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Do you remember how much it cost and what company made it?

TIA

Mike

Reply to
VisionSet

Sorry, I don't. I just went in, described what I wanted, and how big, and they ordered it. I don't remember thinking it was very expensive.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Okay I'll try the smaller BMs around here, I tried our excellent big one, but they are so busy and only pointed me at the redland catalogue with fully integrated gizmo. My idea of not very expensive is under a tenner.

Reply to
VisionSet

Can't you take a concrete lintel and a grinder, and shape it ?

I built a fireplace in a corner, my builder friend came round, and advised this was the normal approach.

The other more expensive approch was to buy something made to measure.

Reply to
Rick