those little plastic things...

that act as spacers under toilet seats and lids, that are always made of cheap, brittle plastic that breaks after a few months.
Is it possible to get replacements, if so what are they called and where would you look ?
thanks
Add pictures here
✖

You could try Hardened rubber buffers at http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/ go to Castors and glides/glides and its the 4th item down. Your local B&Q might have an equivalent too.
I suspect that mass production of loo seats being what it is you either use a semi bodge like this or buy a new set.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
✖

where did you find them ?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:01:23 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@sandway.fsbusiness.co.uk wrote:

Given that it is about 8 years ago since I got them the hardware shop is probably long gone.
It was just a question of every time I was in a small country town I checked out the local hardware shop. Some of these shops have stocks that are years old.
The ig sheds and the large builders providers were useless. They turn over their stock too quick.
Paul Mc Cann
Add pictures here
✖

Lovely memories of where I used to live. The hardware shop still had some items marked in £sd (and only three years ago), a manual winding paraffin pump and nails in every size in big piles. Indeed, they even had milkmaids yokes in stock.
Rod
Add pictures here
✖