Telephone extension - two ringing caps?

no :) Cleaning & rewiring both take time.

it doesn't. I'm excluding co-ax here.

You don't get corrosion in dry cables. You get dry cables quickly by heating them - if they're in ducts that can be done with current.

total makework

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Bet that was because customers would demand the stuff that didn't get wet just because they could and the insurance would cover it all, rather than bother to decide what was fine and what wasn't.

Reply to
Blanco

I think I have remembered why my phone cable might not be waterproof. The patter of little tiny feet in that boxed pipe run containing the cable is a clue...

Reply to
Clive George

If they had mice chewing through cables they'd surely do something about it quickly, they're destructive little buggers. And in a large corporate install take preventive measures.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr