Tarmacing a drive in Essex

Is it?

TNP, (Trinity, 1972)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1

They should have been evicted years ago instead of being allowed to drag the case out in the courts.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Did it for 10 yaers, then gave up the Darwin thing. Still busy there though, teaching and stuff.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Probably. That's at least four. But then we were heavily involved in NNTP news provision.

Which Carl is that, anyway?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sorry, five.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Why should councils provide sites at tax payers expense for scumbags?

So they are scumbags acting illegally?

And why should they be blighted by this? These people are well heeled because they, or their parents grafted.

None of whom have to live next to a site full of pikeys.

Nothing else has worked has it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Whilst I hate to say it, I agree with you 100%.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

See the .sig

I doubt you'd remember, I did physics. But I did buy a Moody Blues CD from you :-)

Reply to
Carl

Dress up as Gaddafi and get a mate to tell NATO..

There will be regrettable collateral damages.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Aha! Must have been a duplicate...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, count me out. It was my son that you taught...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

According to the magic lantern this morning, they don't. For a period up until 1995 they did, but that was changed to 'facilitating' the travellers in their search for a site, whatever that means.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not any more, was talking about decommisioning the last inn server just this afternoon. Not run inn for months :-((

Sad

Darren (also taught by Bob :-)) K95

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Indeed. Keys of the Kingdom in a US-style blister pack. Would have been about 92-93-ish I guess.

Reply to
Carl

I know....I was careful to say 'were'...! I suspect Kent people got more Usenet thrown at them though...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I didn't know anything about Usenet until I went to Xerox. Which is why my first ever email address was @PARC.xerox.com. Wish I still had it.

Reply to
Huge

Usenet is kind-of dying. More's the pity.

Reply to
Huge

I can't help but find it tragic that Twicebook seems to be taking over the universe... I have not joined - and will not unless I really need to. It is just so nice that Usenet (or at least the bits I visit) are so simple, lacking adverts, etc.

Reply to
polygonum

Scalable, written by people who understand resilient computing and how the Internet works, rather than people who care how the popups are animated...

Can't argue with the FB market cap though

Reply to
Carl

I dont think so: its just found a good niche and there it stays

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher