Talk/Speech timing lights

I'm trying to find something like this

but available over here. But no matter what I google, I just can't find anything! Cheaper would be better. It only needs to indicate for a small school hall audience.

Reply to
Grumps

Arduino and program it youself. If you can solder LEDs and make a case, you can do the rest in an evening - quiz buzzers too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Surely an easy DIY job to design/build? Something like a small speaker cabinet from Maplin etc would save most of the work. Perhaps a PA type that could be mounted on an ordinary mic etc stand?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Note none of those are automagic, they need a stopwatch and some one to operate a switch.

All you need is a battery, 3 torch bulbs and batten holders, a 4 position switch, wire, box. The decent coloured gels is probably the hardest bit to obtain unless Quality Street wrappers and grease proof paper as a diffuser will do?

Automagic from an Arduino is a bit over kill, make it from TTL. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Arduino is easier than TTL, as you skip the PCB stage.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

This Velleman kitchen timer kit covers 1 min to 1 hr

1-10': one minute steps 10-30': five minute steps 30-60': 15 minute steps and appears to have a countdown function, presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to add a few transistors to switch larger LED arrays.
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Grumps" saying something like:

Darkroom timer off ebay - wire it up to an electrified handle on the podium.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon