stripping down whiteboard construction to mount onto wall

Hi All I have recently acquired S/Hand a large, good quality (Nobo) whiteboard. It is around 10mm thick and from what I can see from one edge, the construction is a bit like:

(back)

----- layer of thin 'tin' sheet ^^^^^ layer of corrugated-style cardbord XXXXX maybe a 'facing' layer of thin cardboard ===== layer of thicker steel with the whiteboard finish (front)

I would like to mount this board onto a wall but taking up the minimum thickness possible, less than the current 10mm. Any opinions as to the wisdom of stripping all the layers of the front layer, and then mounting that directly onto the (plasterboard) wall?

I am slightly concerned about the ease of fully removing all of the cardboard inner layer(s), and whether they would be best left to serve some sort of 'cushioning' purpose, even behind the front steel layer.

Cheers jon N

Reply to
jkn

Well if you want it to stay flat, you probably want to leave it as it is. Why not just cut out a matching section of plasterboard and drop it in the hole?

Reply to
John Rumm

If you really want a thin whiteboard...

(No experience of using this product. There may well be other products that are better/worse.)

Reply to
polygonum